Take 25: How to Keep a Good Credit Score Without Being in Debt
Written by Yezmin Thomas on October 9, 2017
PODCAST SHOW NOTES
Hello everyone! Welcome to Take 25: How to Keep a Good Credit Score Without Being in Debt
Can you have a good credit score without being in debt? Most people preach that to maintain a good credit score you must have a few credit cards. You also need a couple of loans that are reported to the credit bureaus.
It is also known that to keep a good credit score you should always pay your bills on time. But what if you don’t want to have any debt? Is it still possible to have a good credit score?
I haven’t used a credit card in the last two years, own my car outright, and have no open lines of credit other than my mortgage. So, I started to wonder… Does this mean that I might have a bad credit score?
Well, out of curiosity I decided to check. It is an understatement to say that I was SO SHOCKED by what I found! As a result, I went on a rant that became Take 25 of my podcast.
In this Episode
- I open to you about what shows up in my credit report
- Share what my credit score is as of October of 2017
- Explain why I think the whole credit score system is nothing than a trap to encourage and reward people to stay in debt
- Encourage you to ask the right questions and to rethink the reasons why you should, or not, care about your credit score
- Review the difference between caring about your credit history and credit report
I also want to send a big shout out to all the listeners tuning in now from 53 countries. Thank you guys, you are amazing!
- Yezmin Thomas’ Blog post: Credit Report: 6 Reasons You Want To Check Yours Now
- How Credit History Impacts Your Credit Score: www.myFico.com
- I got my free FICO Score through Mint: www.Mint.com
- American consumers can get a free credit report once a year from Experian, Transunion and Equifax: www.annualcreditreport.com
- Take 1: Seeking Wisdom. Introduction to One Take Podcast
Check out her blog and podcast:
- English: Facebook.com/YezminThomas.com/
- Spanish: Facebook.com/YezminThomas
- Twitter: @YezminThomas
Don’t forget to subscribe to listen on iTunes, Android, and also to get the blog posts directly to your inbox!