It is not a secret that on average, women in the United States are paid less than men for doing the same job. That is a big problem, and my initial reaction is to point the finger at the entire male population! But we are not going to put the blame on others in this episode. Instead, we are going to empower women to learn how to negotiate a higher salary and better benefits.
My guest is Elizabeth Suarez, an
According to the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, men make 20% more than women for performing the same job. To change this situation, women need to learn to negotiate better benefits, preferences, and salaries with prospective employers. Elizabeth has compiled years of expert advice in her new book, The Art of Getting Everything.
Listen to How to Negotiate a Higher Salary and Better Benefits.
What You Will Learn
- Why you should never take the first job offer even if you believe it is a great offer
- To understand your compensation as a “whole package” that includes salary, professional development opportunities, exclusive privileges, and the option to have a flexible work schedule.
- That in many cases, men get paid more because they negotiate more than women
- A job offer is the beginning of a negotiation
- How to face challenges as an entrepreneur
- Why following these three steps can get you everything that you want
Contact Elizabeth Suarez
Don’t forget to subscribe to listen on iTunes, Android, and also to get the blog posts directly to your inbox!