Hi everyone! Welcome to the first episode of One Take! I am your host,
As a working mom, I know that life can get complicated. But I have also realized that I don’t have to live overwhelmed. I want to live with less stress and more joy in my heart.
I understand that I might not have all the answers to do that, but I am going to seek them and share them with you.
The First Take
In this first take, I want you to get to know me a little bit. I am a mom, a wife, a full time working journalist, and a dog lover with many dreams and countless fears.
I believe in fairness and the pursuit of excellence; love reading, writing, and learning. Every day I am anxious to know more.
In this episode, I come out of the closet. I mean it in a literal way. I sought a quiet space in my house to record this first podcast episode. The best place I could find was my closet! I sat there, holding the microphone, and staring at my dresses as I spilled it all out. Unscripted.
Listen to One Take Podcast
This Is Who I Am
- A native Spanish speaker afraid that people will make fun of me because of my accent
- An overwhelmed mom afraid of time because I don’t feel that I have spent enough of it with my kids
- Someone that is not easily impressed by people’s possessions because I believe in living debt free
- A woman that has unintentionally neglected her soul in the pursuit of false happiness
But I have decided not to be complacent about my shortcomings. I want to change and become my best self.
Why One Take?
And that is how we get to the birth of “One Take.” With this podcast, I am only looking for wisdom to empower myself to make changes and become a better person, one take at a time. And I know I am not alone!
I hope this content inspires you and helps you also to live a more fulfilling life.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/yezminthomas
- Twitter: @YezminThomas
- Instagram: @YezminThomas
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/yezminthomas
Don’t miss out on any future content! Make sure you sign up to receive notifications of new blog posts by email.