In this podcast episode, we’ll talk to Dr. Thomas Childs, founding pastor of LifePoint Fellowship in Haslet, Texas.
Pastor Thomas is probably the wisest individual that I personally know. He has shed light into some deep questions that I have. For instance:
- Why am I here?
- What is the point?
- How do I find my purpose in life?
I invite you to listen to this take with an open mind. He is a pastor, so yes, we will talk about God. Does believing in God in general even make sense to us? Is there more in this world to being born, living and dying? Is this all there is?
Deep stuff. Pastor Thomas would say: “Bring your brain”.
Listen to the podcast
What you will learn
- Pastor Thomas Childs’s background. He is a musician by trade, but early in his career decided that he didn’t want the life of a professional musician. He thought about being a physician, like many of his family members, but ended up becoming a pastor. He’ll tell us how and why that happened.
- We’ll dive into how do we find peace? Why are we in this earth? What are we supposed to be doing with our lives? And, where are we headed?
- We’ll discuss why power, pleasure, money, and stuff are a short lived hollow promise to finding happiness.
- And finally, we’ll talk about how to fill the emptiness and loneliness in our hearts.
- Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.
- The Case For Faith by Lee Strobel.
- Christian Logic 1 by Dr. Thomas Childs.
- Christian Logic 2 by Dr. Thomas Childs.
Contact Dr. Thomas Childs
- Website: www.lifepointfellowship.com
- Podcast: Pastor Thomas Childs’s sermons are available to download for free through the LifePoint UMC Podcast
Don’t miss out on any future content! Make sure you sign up to receive notifications of new blog posts by email. Y